The River Valley chapter of the Ozark Off-Road Cyclists is pleased to announce plans to construct Pine Knob Mountain Bike Park. The Park will be located within the Confederate Mother’s Memorial Park and built for the purpose of improving an unmaintained park and providing community access to mountain bike trails and other recreational amenities.
Plans for Pine Knob Mountain Bike Park include a balance bicycle course (for children as young as 18 months to 3 years old) along with multiple progressive, skill-improving trails for riders at any riding levels. The shared-use trail design will be accessible for hiking, running, and biking.
The River Valley Ozark Off-Road Cyclists will fund the park construction from the generous donations from the surrounding communities and have a fundraising goal of $75,000.
RVOORC is a local chapter of Ozarks Off-Road Cyclists headquartered in Fayetteville, AR and a local partner of the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA), the worldwide leader in mountain bike advocacy. RVOORC/OORC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (EIN: 73-1574424).
- River Valley Ozarks Offroad Cyclists will fund trail construction through donations, grants and volunteerism with a fundraising goal of $75,000.
- When the park is completed, the estimated park improvement value/benefit to the community will be in excess of $150,000.
- Phase 1 & 2 construction of balance bike course, beginner and intermediate trails along with gravel parking lot will be completed within 1 year.
- Phase 3 construction of lower connector trail and advanced trail will be completed within 2 years.
- Phase 4 construction of final parking lot and gazebo structure will be completed at the convenience of the City of Russellville. Opportunities exist for a stretch fundraising goal to complete the gazebo project independent of City funds.
- Future park improvement expenses will be at the convenience of the City of Russellville. Parking lot improvement | Pavilion/gazebo construction
- Bronze donation $500
Small logo on sponsor sign at park entrance
- Silver donation $1500
Large logo on sponsor sign at park entrance
- Gold donation $2500
(Trail sponsor) Trail head sponsor sign at trail head (6 trails for sponsorship: 1 hiking trail, 1 beginner trail, 3 intermediate trails, 1 advanced trail)
- Park Bench sponsor $1000
(Park benches will be installed in the park)
- Platinum donation $7,500
(Major amenity sponsor)
- Community connector trail sponsor (this will provide walk-in access from the City of Russellville)
- Balance bicycle course sponsor (a close and prominent feature near the park entrance and expected to be very popular with families)